An exciting career position – Clinical Coder/HIM – is available in the Health Information Department at St Vincent’s Private Hospital.
St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Lismore is a not-for-profit acute Surgical Medical Hospital operating under the auspices of the Trustees of The Roman Catholic Diocese of Lismore since 1921. Services include medical, surgical, HDU, palliative care, oncology, renal dialysis and rehabilitation, with childcare and aged care facilities also on campus. The hospital enjoys a reputation for high quality care. St Vincent’s is seeking to fill the following permanent position.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Clinical Coder/HIM to assist the Hospital achieve its goals through the classification of diseases and procedures using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS (10th Edition). Primary duties include the provision of timely and accurate clinical coding data, compliance with mandatory data collection timeframes and other general clerical duties. Salary and opportunities will be available for negotiation with the successful candidate based on experience and qualifications.
To be successful, applicants will need to possess the following:
- Degree in Health Information Management or Clinical Coding qualifications (HIMAA/OTEN)
- Demonstrated experience in the classification of diseases and procedures using ICD-10-AM
- Knowledge of DRGs and Casemix
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of an effective (small) team
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and attention to detail.
Other desirable criteria include:
- Experience with the WebPAS patient information system
- Experience with private sector funding models.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church and by conduct and lifestyle give witness to the mission of the Catholic Church.
Applications close 19th October 2017. For further information contact the Health Information Manager: 02 6627 9232.
Please submit your resume detailing your experience along with a cover letter to:
The CEO, St Vincent’s Private Hospital, PO Box 572, Lismore NSW 2480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Applicants must have the right to work in Australia (Australian citizen or permanent resident) to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
* This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
An opportunity exists for experienced Sterilising Technicians to join the Central Sterilising Services Department (CSSD) within St Vincent’s Lismore.
- Previous experience working within a Sterilising Unit is essential
- Evidence of Certificate III in Sterilising Services
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of infection control principles preferred
- Knowledge of theatre instruments and other surgical devices preferred
- Knowledge of waste management preferred
Opportunities for casual employment arise for a variety of reasons. Casual employment can provide employees with flexibility and experience in a variety of areas across the Hospital, both clinical and non-clinical.
To apply for casual employment please refer to the How to apply section.
Download and complete the Employment Application Package below to apply for current vacancies or to apply for casual employment.
Please submit your completed application, together with resume and cover letter to:
St Vincent’s Private Hospital
PO Box 572
LISMORE NSW 2480
or email to: email@example.com
St Vincent’s Lismore is not currently in a position to provide sponsorship for the subclass 457 visa (working visa).
As part of our recruitment process, St Vincent’s Lismore may seek to verify the information provided in your application by contacting referees nominated by you in your application. Please be advised that by identifying referees in any part of your job application with St Vincent’s Lismore, you are providing the Hospital with your consent to contact these individuals for the purposes of verifying information relevant to your job application.