St Vincent’s Private Hospital is a Tier 1 provider for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).
We are pleased to provide a range of services to eligible veterans and war widows, including those listed below.
Veterans’ Liaison Officer
The hospital has a Veterans’ Liaison Officer (VLO) available to co-ordinate the hospital stay of DVA patients with hospital healthcare providers. The VLO is able to:
- Assist in the co-ordination and streamlining of hospital care
- Refer patients to appropriate services and resources
- Co-ordinate DVA client visiting and information services in conjunction with ex-service organisations
- Provide general health and lifestyle education, and counselling
- Act as a single point of contact for DVA patients, their families and carers, ex-service organisations and the DVA, with particular regard to the resolution of concerns and problems
Veteran Accounts & Entitlements
If you’re an eligible veteran or war widow/er, you will not have any personal expenses for treatment at St Vincent’s Private Hospital and you will not receive an account.
You will, however, be charged for calls to long distance (STD), international (ISD) and mobile numbers. Local calls are free.
Transport to and from Hospital
Some veteran patients are eligible to have transport arranged for them through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
If your visit to hospital is a planned (elective) admission, you can pre-arrange transport vouchers through your general practitioner to cover your journey to and from hospital.
For further important information regarding veteran admission to hospital, please either:
- Contact us and ask to speak to our Veterans’ Liaison Officer
- Contact the DVA on 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372)
- Visit the DVA website