We are conscious that human life is a precious gift from God. Friends of St Vincent’s seek to provide high quality assistance and support in all areas needed to enrich individual and community life in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
St Vincent’s Lismore is enriched by the support of a large volunteer network who are valued members of our hospital community. Their diligent work provides the extra care and attention that enables patients to have a more comfortable stay.
Services provided by volunteers:
- St Joseph’s Aged Care Facility – Activities with residents such as reading, listening, assisting with feeding, beauty care, bingo, singing, writing and accompanying the residents on outings
- Short Stay Unit – Assisting with paperwork at Reception and helping patients and staff in 2nd stage recovery
- Pre-admissions and Admissions – Clerical and other assistance required for patient admission
- Rehabilitation Unit – Assisting patients with reading and general activities as required
- Administration – Clerical and other administration assistance across the campus
- Day Rehabilitation – Clerical and other assistance as required
- Palliative Care – Supporting patients and staff in various areas including paperwork
- Hospital Wards – Attending to flower arrangements, ‘lolly’ trolley service and providing mealtime assistance
- Laminating and binding
- Craft – Sewing as required
- Chapel & Pastoral care
- Coffee Lounge/Tea Room – Assisting employed staff with general duties
- Secretarial Assistance – Providing assistance with administrative duties in various departments including; marketing, health education, diabetes education, childcare, accounts and pastoral care
- Information Desk – Managing the information desk located in the hospital foyer to meet, greet and direct visitors to the hospital
- Vegetable, Rose and Herb garden – Gardening to ensure fresh produce is available for the coffee lounge and caterers
- Oncology, Renal Dialysis & Endoscopy Units – Providing support to patients and staff
- Stores – Assisting with administration and other duties involved with procurement
- Archives – Assisting with the record keeping for St Vincents Private Hospital
- Shuttle service – Transport visitors around the campus, Monday to Friday from 9am to 2:00pm (excluding public holidays)
The Catholic Gift Shop is now located on the mezzanine level of Friends Coffee Lounge, located adjacent to the Dalley Street entrance to St Vincent’s Private Hospital Lismore. Open weekdays from 9am to 4pm, it offers books, cards, CDs and quality gifts for all occasions including Weddings, Baptism, Communion, Confirmation, Easter and Christmas. This is a great place to look for children’s gifts and books.
For more information on how to become involved in the volunteer service please contact the coordinator on (02) 6627 9340, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to visit ‘Friends’ anytime, at St Vincent’s Lismore through the Avondale Avenue entrance, next to the Tea Room.