Your doctor’s rooms will advise the Hospital of the date of your admission and operation. Your doctor will give you a clear explanation of your operation and complete the consent form with you so that you understand what is involved.
When you have completed the forms required, please telephone the Pre-Admission Clinic on (02) 6627 9406 to make an appointment for a Pre-Admission assessment.
The Pre-Admission assessment will ensure your admission goes as smoothly as possible.
At your appointment the Pre-Admission staff will:-
- confirm the date of admission and confirm all your personal details
- confirm Health Fund details and any amounts not covered by your Fund
- advise you of the hospital charges if not covered by a Fund
- commence Radiology and Pathology work up if required
- conduct a nursing assessment and also answer any further queries you may have about your procedure or admission, including any preparation that may be needed in the days leading up to your admission
If you are unable to attend due to distance or transport problems please post your completed admission forms to us as soon as possible, keeping the Patient Information page. When we receive the forms a staff member will telephone you to discuss your current health and admission details.
Your doctor’s rooms will advise the Hospital of the date of your admission and operation. Your doctor will give you a clear explanation of your operation and complete the Day Surgery Consent Form with you so that you understand what is involved. Please deliver or post the Day Surgery Consent Form to the Hospital as soon as convenient. If you bring the form personally you will be asked to complete another 2 forms. If you post the Consent Form, a nurse will phone you to complete the required details.