Your doctor’s rooms will advise the Hospital of the date of your admission and operation. Your doctor will give you a clear explanation of your operation and complete the consent form with you so that you understand what is involved and any associated risks.
A staff member from the Pre-Admission team will contact you to arrange a Pre-Admission assessment, either over the phone or face-to-face, depending on the type of surgery.
If you are unable to attend due to distance, please advise the staff member at time of first contact.
The Pre-Admission assessment will ensure your admission goes as smoothly as possible.
At your appointment the Pre-Admission staff will:
- confirm the date of admission and confirm all your personal details
- confirm Health Fund details and any amounts not covered by your Fund (an informed financial consent will be required to be signed on admission)
- advise you of the hospital charges if not covered by a Fund (an informed financial consent will be required to be signed on admission)
- commence Radiology and Pathology work up if required
- conduct a nursing assessment and also answer any further queries you may have about your procedure or admission, including any preparation that may be needed in the days leading up to your admission
Prior to your admission to St Vincent’s Lismore you will need to complete and return your admission forms.
These forms can be found in the links below, dependent on your admission type (i.e. General, Paediatric or Endoscopy).
Once you have printed and completed the admission forms, please return them to St Vincent’s Lismore in one of the following ways:
- Hand deliver to Dalley Street or Avondale Avenue Reception (between 6am and 6pm Monday to Friday), or
- Fax to (02) 6627 9221, or
- Post to PO Box 572, Lismore, 2480, or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org